At VicHomes Real Estate Group, we never forget how exciting it is to buy a home. You’re making plans for the future, choosing a home in an area that appeals to you, and investing in one of the safest methods for acquiring wealth.
At the same time, the event can be a daunting experience if you don’t have sound knowledge and understanding of everything that’s involved.
- Speak with your financier or your Finance Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect every property in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
- Develop a relationship with one of our professional team who specialise in your preferred area. VicHomes Real Estate Agent will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer.
- If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact VicHomes Real Estate Agent promptly who can guide you through the process.
- Your solicitor can arrange a building inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible major defects.
- Following your solicitors or conveyancer’s advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement. At settlement, contracts will then be unconditionally exchanged.
- On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.
“Local Expertise, Global Connections”
Click here for a useful guide for Buyers and Sellers.